For purposes of this agreement, you are a “Member” of Athena Alliance Inc., (“Athena”). Within this Member Agreement, “Athena” refers to the entity Athena Alliance Inc. as well as the technology platform, member services and member experiences on and off the technology platform, and any and all engagement made possible by Athena with other Athena Members, partners, customers, or staff (such as employees, advisors and contractors). As a Member, you gain access to proprietary information, you participate in Member experiences where others involved rely on your professionalism and honesty, you join Salons that are recorded and shared within Athena and from time to time by Athena with individuals or entities external to Athena, and you engage in services offered through Athena that involve certain expectations of you as a Member.
This document outlines expectations of you as a Member of Athena. Your acknowledgement of this agreement is a condition of continued Membership with Athena. At any time, please let us know if you have questions or concerns with respect to any aspect of this agreement. You can direct questions to your Member Success Manager if you have one, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Member of Athena, you agree to the following:
Athena Alliance Inc. (“Athena”) has allowed you access, or may allow you access, to business, technical or other information, materials and/or ideas, other Member information, collectively and independently “Proprietary Information”. Proprietary Information shall also include, without limitation, anything you learn or discover as a result of exposure to or analysis of Athena, content or information available through Athena, and / or Athena employees, contractors, subcontractors, advisors, (collectively “Staff”), Athena customers, and / or Athena Partners, or any outside entity enabled to communicate with Members via Athena.
As a Member, it is important that you understand that Proprietary Information applies not only as stated above, but also more specifically to any and all information about any other Athena Member, any and all Opportunities (board seats, advisor roles, executive roles, career advancement opportunities, speaker opportunities, key connections, etc.) offered to you through Athena, and any and all entities and / or individuals communicating with Athena via the Athena Platform or Athena Staff.
- You will hold in confidence and will not possess, copy, forward, use or disclose any Proprietary Information except within the structure of Athena as directed by Athena, except information you can document (a) is in the public domain through no fault of yours, (b) was properly known to you, without restriction, prior to disclosure by Company or (c) was properly disclosed to you by another person without restriction. You will not reverse engineer or attempt to derive the composition or underlying information, structure or ideas of any Proprietary Information. The foregoing does not grant you a license in or to any of the Proprietary Information.
- You will not directly or indirectly approach any third party (non-Athena company or staff) to discuss Proprietary Information, even if this information belongs to that third party, without Athena permission. As an example of this, you agree not to approach a company, entity or person promoting an opportunity through Athena without first obtaining Athena’s permission.
- If you cease to be a Member of Athena or if asked by Athena, you will promptly return all Proprietary Information and all copies, extracts and other objects or items in which Proprietary Information may be contained or embodied.
- You will promptly notify Athena of any unauthorized release, disclosure or use of Proprietary Information.
- You understand that this Agreement does not obligate Athena to disclose any information. You will strictly abide by any and all instructions and restrictions provided by Athena from time to time with respect to Proprietary Information or Athena systems. You will ensure the security of any facilities, machines, accounts, passwords and methods you use to store any Proprietary Information or to access Athena systems and ensure that no other person has or obtains access thereto.
- The terms of this Agreement will remain in effect with respect to any particular Proprietary Information until you can document that such Proprietary Information falls into one of the exceptions stated in Section 1.1 above.
- You acknowledge and agree that due to the unique nature of the Proprietary Information, any breach of this Agreement would cause irreparable harm to Athena for which damages are not an adequate remedy, and that Athena shall therefore be entitled to equitable relief in addition to all other remedies available at law.
- You agree to hold harmless Athena in connection with any Proprietary Information, which is presented to the best of Athena’s knowledge relying on the integrity of a company, partner or board Athena is representing. Only the Member and the end party (e.g. the board, company or partner Athena is representing) can be responsible for any misrepresentations between one and the other, regardless of when made.
Right to Publish
Athena hosts live Events, workshops and / or discussions, which may be referred to as “Salons”. Unless specifically stated otherwise, you should assume that these Salons are always recorded and made available for all Members within Athena. From time to time, recordings may also be made available external to Athena with partners and / or individuals, at times allowing recorded content to be shared by an outside entity on that entity’s website, portal or otherwise for use by that entity’s community or the public in general.
You hereby grant Athena the irrevocable and unrestricted right to publish and to authorize other parties, including its assigns, successors in interest, employees, service providers, volunteers, agents, licensees and those acting with its permission or authority, to publish your name and your picture, appearance, likeness, performance and/or voice taken, created or recorded in photographs, videos, audio or other content by or on behalf of Athena (the “Materials”) in connection with your participation in Salons and other events hosted or otherwise conducted by Athena (the “Events”), and you hereby grant Athena an irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, worldwide right and license to perform, publish, distribute, display and otherwise use the Materials in printed publications, videos, on Internet web sites and in any other media now known or hereafter developed. You acknowledge that your participation in the Events and your execution of this Agreement, including the release set forth in this Section 2, is voluntary and that you will receive no financial compensation for executing this Agreement, including the release set forth in this Section 2, or participating in the Events. You further acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Events and your execution of this Agreement, including the release set forth in this Section 2, confers no rights of ownership in the Materials whatsoever to you, and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or relating to the use of the Materials. You acknowledge and agree that Athena owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the Materials, including the right to alter and create derivative works of the Materials without restriction and to register for copyright in the same in its name. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any finished product(s) incorporating all or any portion of any Materials. You release Athena and its affiliates from liability for any claims by you in connection with your participation in the Events and/or the publication or dissemination of the Materials.
We seek to mutually honor the time and commitment executive coaching and professional services, such as resumes, bios and other services, require. We require at least 48-hours’ notice to reschedule or cancel a session with an Athena coach or writer. We’ll commit to doing the same for you. Of course, we will make exceptions in cases of true emergency. If you cancel with less than 48-hours’ notice, your scheduled time with your coach will be counted as complete and deducted from your total currently remaining hours.
Coaching hours and other services are non-transferrable. You must be an active Athena member to use your services. If your membership expires, you must renew membership to schedule time with coaches or writers.
Website Use (also referred to as “Athena” or “Athena Platform”)
The Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of Athena Alliance Inc. website. These Terms will be applied fully and affect your use of this Website. The term Website here refers to both the public Athena Website and Athena’s login protected member site, referred to as the Member Platform or simply “Athena”. By using this Website, you agree to accept all terms and conditions written herein. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
Under these Terms, and/or its licensors Athena owns all the intellectual property rights and materials contained on this Website. You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all the following:
- sharing any details of Member profiles with others outside Athena without Athena’s written understanding and agreement;
- publishing any Athena Proprietary Information or Materials in any other media;
- reaching out directly to the end party associated with any posting of an opportunity without the express written consent from Athena;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Athena Material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any aspect of Athena to non-Athena Members;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website or Athena;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website; o using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing
We expect our members, and anyone viewing the Website, to maintain the confidentiality we ask for both explicitly and otherwise. Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being accessed by you and Athena may further restrict access by you to any areas of the Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
- The Athena Alliance Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on the Athena Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
- In no event, nor any of Athena officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Athena’s officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
- You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Athena from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein. Athena is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
- Athena is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Athena and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
- These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in California for the resolution of any disputes.
Athena provides this Privacy Notice to describe how we use and process certain information that we obtain through the Website portal.athenalliance.com and athenaalliance.com together with all subdomains, extensions and pages (the “Site”).
You may sign up for membership, post articles, network with others or otherwise actively send us Personal Data using the Site. “Personal Data” includes, but is not limited to your name, email address(es), billing address(es), delivery address(es), telephone number(s), contact preferences and credit card information. Personal Data may also include your education and work history and other skills and characteristics related to your past, current or future occupational endeavors. You can amend or update your Athena profile at any time and you can close such profile at any time. We use Personal Data primarily for the purpose for which you originally provided it (for example, to receive access to member events, to network with others, and connect you with opportunities), for purposes of improving our products and services and for market research. We may use Personal Data to transmit direct marketing communications to you by email.
Members can be held liable for any illegal or prohibited User Content they provide to the Site or to other Members, including, for example, infringing, defamatory, or offensive materials. So that the Site is available for all users to enjoy, you may not, and hereby represent and warrant that you will not, post, transmit, email or otherwise make accessible on or through the Site User Content that:
(i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, abusive, disparaging, pedophilic, pornographic, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or malicious;
(ii) contains hate propaganda or promotes discrimination or violence against any people on account of their race, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation;
(iii) is or could be harmful to minors;
(iv) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(v) involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing (or “spamming”);
(vi) promotes information that You know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct;
(vii) is or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, or providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices;
(viii) infringes any patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any other party;
(ix) contains restricted password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(x) provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
(xi) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, or providing or creating computer viruses;
(xii) contains a software virus or any other code files or programs that are designed to or have the ability to interrupt, destroy, compromise, or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment whether owned by Athena or any other party;
(xiii) solicits passwords, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; or
(xiv) otherwise violates any local, state, national or other applicable law or regulation.
In addition, you may not, in connection with your use of the Site:
(i) impersonate any person or entity, including an Athena officer or employee, or falsely misrepresent your organization with any other person or entity;
(ii) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers for the purpose of disguising the origin of any User Content posted or transmitted through or on the Site;
(iii) engage in commercial activities and/or sales without Athena’s prior written consent including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, barter or advertising;
(iv) post or transmit any content that you do not have the right to post or transmit;
(v) post or submit unsolicited commercial e-mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or seek or encourage others to engage in these activities;
(vi) disrupt the ordinary flow and operation of any portion of the Site, including causing a screen to scroll faster than another Member may be able to type in a chat room or bulletin board environment;
(vii) interfere with or disrupt the Site or any server or network involved with the operation of the Site;
(viii) stalk or harass any other person; or
(ix) collect or “harvest” from the Site the names of other users for the purpose of transmitting to those other users unsolicited commercial messages.
If You discover this kind of material or activity on the Site, please contact email@example.com.
Third-Party Payment Processor
This Agreement is personal to you, is nonassignable by you, is governed by the internal laws of the State of California and may be modified or waived only in writing signed by both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, such provision will be limited or deleted to the minimum extent necessary so that the remaining terms remain in full force and effect. The prevailing party in any dispute or legal action regarding the subject matter of this Agreement shall be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees and costs.
We may modify this Agreement at any time
We can change these Terms at any time. If the changes are materials, we’ll let you know by email before changes go into effect. The notice will designate a reasonable amount of time (the “Notice Period”) after which the new terms will go into effect for all users. If you don’t agree to the new terms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within the Notice Period. If you do not notify Athena at the email above within the Notice Period, your content and use of the site will be subject to the new terms going forward.