Please read on to see our confidentiality agreement, cancelation policy, and more. At any time, please let us know if you have questions. You can direct questions to your Member Success Manager if you have one, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Disclosure Agreement and Photo and Video Consent Release Agreement
For purposes of this agreement you are a “Member” of Athena Alliance (“Athena”). As a Member, sometimes also referred to as a Pioneer, Aspiring Director, Rising Executive or other identifier within the Athena nomenclature, you have access to Athena’s technology platform or portal, and company provided information.
The Athena Alliance (“Athena”) has allowed you (the individual or entity named below) access, or may allow you access, to business, technical or other information, materials and/or ideas (“Proprietary Information,” which term shall include, without limitation, anything you learn or discover as a result of exposure to or analysis of any Proprietary Information, and content or information available through the Athena Alliance platform, and / or Athena employees, contractors, subcontractors, advisors, partners, (collectively “Staff”), Athena customers, and / or Athena Partners, or any outside entity enabled to communicate with Members via Athena).
As a Member of Athena, you agree:
- – You will hold in confidence and will not possess or use or disclose any Proprietary Information except within the structure of Athena as directed by Athena, except information you can document (a) is in the public domain through no fault of yours, (b) was properly known to you, without restriction, prior to disclosure by Company or (c) was properly disclosed to you by another person without restriction. You will not reverse engineer or attempt to derive the composition or underlying information, structure or ideas of any Proprietary Information. The foregoing does not grant you a license in or to any of the Proprietary Information.
As a Member, it is important that you understand that Proprietary Information applies not only as stated above, but also more specifically to any and all information about any other Athena Member, any and all Opportunity (Board Seats, Advisor Roles, Career advancement opportunities, speaker opportunities, key connections, etc.) offered to you through Athena, and any and all entities communicating with Athena via the Athena Platform / Portal or Athena Staff. You agree not to copy, forward, or otherwise distribute or share Athena Proprietary Information with any individual or entity.
Further, you will not directly or indirectly approach any third party (non-Athena company or staff) to discuss Proprietary Information, even if this information belongs to that third party without Athena permission. As an example of this, you agree not to approach a company, entity or person promoting an opportunity through Athena without first obtaining Athena’s permission.
- – If you cease to be a Member of Athena or if asked by Athena, you will promptly return all Proprietary Information and all copies, extracts and other objects or items in which Proprietary Information may be contained or embodied.
- – You will promptly notify Company of any unauthorized release, disclosure or use of Proprietary Information.
- – You understand that this Agreement does not obligate Athena to disclose any information. You will strictly abide by any and all instructions and restrictions provided by Athena from time to time with respect to Proprietary Information or Company systems. You will ensure the security of any facilities, machines, accounts, passwords and methods you use to store any Proprietary Information or to access Athena systems and ensure that no other person has or obtains access thereto.
- – The terms of this Agreement will remain in effect with respect to any particular Proprietary Information until you can document that such Proprietary Information falls into one of the exceptions stated in Paragraph 1 above.
- – You acknowledge and agree that due to the unique nature of the Proprietary Information, any breach of this Agreement would cause irreparable harm to Athena for which damages are not an adequate remedy, and that Athena shall therefore be entitled to equitable relief in addition to all other remedies available at law.
- – You agree to hold harmless Athena in connection with any Proprietary Information, which is presented to the best of Athena’s knowledge relying on the integrity of a company, partner or board that Company is representing. Only the member and the end party (e.g. the board, company or partner Company is representing) can be responsible for any misrepresentations between one and the other, regardless of when made.
- – This Agreement is personal to you, is nonassignable by you, is governed by the internal laws of the State of California and may be modified or waived only in writing signed by both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, such provision will be limited or deleted to the minimum extent necessary so that the remaining terms remain in full force and effect. The prevailing party in any dispute or legal action regarding the subject matter of this Agreement shall be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees and costs.
- – You hereby grant Athena the irrevocable and unrestricted right to publish and to authorize other parties, including its assigns, successors in interest, employees, service providers, volunteers, agents, licensees and those acting with its permission or authority, to publish your name and your picture, appearance, likeness, performance and/or voice taken, created or recorded in photographs, videos, audio or other content by or on behalf of Athena (the “Materials”) in connection with your participation in salons and other events hosted or otherwise conducted by Athena (the “Events”), and you hereby grant Athena an irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, worldwide right and license to perform, publish, distribute, display and otherwise use the Materials in printed publications, videos, on Internet web sites and in any other media now known or hereafter developed. You acknowledge that your participation in the Events and your execution of this Agreement, including the release set forth in this Section 10, is voluntary and that you will receive no financial compensation for executing this Agreement, including the release set forth in this Section 10, or participating in the Events. You further acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Events and your execution of this Agreement, including the release set forth in this Section 10, confers no rights of ownership in the Materials whatsoever to you, and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or relating to the use of the Materials. You acknowledge and agree that Athena owns all right, title, and interest in and to the Materials, including the right to alter and create derivative works of the Materials without restriction and to register for copyright in the same in its name. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any finished product(s) incorporating all or any portion of any Materials. You release Athena and its affiliates from liability for any claims by you in connection with your participation in the Events and/or the publication or dissemination of the Materials.
We seek to mutually honor the time and commitment executive coaching requires. We require at least 48-hours’ notice to reschedule or cancel a session with an Athena coach or writer.. We’ll commit to doing the same for you. Of course, we will make exceptions in cases of true emergency. If you cancel more than twice with less than 48-hours’ notice, your scheduled time with your coach will be counted as complete and deducted from your total currently remaining hours.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use
- – The Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of The Athena Alliance website. These Terms will be applied fully and affect your use of this Website. The term Website here refers to both the public Athena Website and Athena’s login protected member site, referred to as the Member Platform or simply “Athena”. By using this Website, you agree to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
- – Under these Terms, and/or its licensors The Athena Alliance owns all the intellectual property rights and materials contained on this Website. You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
- – You are specifically restricted from all the following:
- sharing any details of member profiles with others outside of the Athena team without our written understanding and agreement;
- publishing any Athena Alliance Website material in any other media;
- reaching out directly to the end party associated with any posting of an opportunity without the express written consent from Athena;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website or Athena Alliance;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing except as allowed for under the “Business Showcase” area of the member platform
We expect our members, and anyone viewing the Website, to maintain the confidentiality we ask for both explicitly and otherwise. Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being accessed by you and Athena Alliance may further restrict access by you to any areas of the Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
- – The Athena Alliance Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on the Athena Alliance Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
- – In no event, nor any of The Athena Alliance’s officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Athena’s officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
- – You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent The Athena Alliance from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
- – If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
- – The Athena Alliance is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
- – The Athena Alliance is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- – These Terms constitute the entire agreement between The Athena Alliance and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
- – These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in California for the resolution of any disputes.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (athenaalliance.com). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this Website. It will notify you of the following:
- – What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- – What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- – The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- – How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
This site uses third party tools to collect, process and store data.
- We collect information from the online forms and fields you fill out or we complete for you.
- Cookies are used on this site for user-specific reporting.
- Cookies are used on this site to track anonymous data.
- To better your user experience we utilize third-party tracking and analytics services. These include:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you log in to our website or have subscribed to receive our emails, we also send a user ID to Google Analytics. You can opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here. Or, by requesting we disable Google Analytics tracking for you activity by clicking here.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Third-Party Payment Processor
This Agreement is personal to you, is nonassignable by you, is governed by the internal laws of the State of California and may be modified or waived only in writing signed by both parties. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, such provision will be limited or deleted to the minimum extent necessary so that the remaining terms remain in full force and effect. The prevailing party in any dispute or legal action regarding the subject matter of this Agreement shall be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees and costs.